onsdag den 10. oktober 2012
Sume - Sumut - 1973 (Grl) Progressive Rock
Imagine a softer version of Midnight Sun that is only the occult themes and lyrics away from sounding like Black Widow, well, that is pretty much what Sume did sound like on this album. Even though labeled progressive the songs tend to be pretty straight forward although with variation and progression reflected by the use of different instruments to emphasize the songs. The band really shows some enthusiasm concerning what they do on this record thus making it a great effort and a great debut. The album is simple, nevertheless effective, making this record really enjoyable for the listener.
1. Piffiit Nutaat - Nye Tider (New Times)
2. Upernaaq - Forår (Spring)
3. Pilerineq/Tikinneq - Forventning/Ankomst (Expectation/Arrival)
4. Tamorasaariat - Den Første Bid Af Sælen (The First Bite of the Seal)
5. Illunut Pulallunga - Kravle Ind I Mit Indre (Crawl Into My Center)
6. Eqqissineq Sapiinnarama - Uro (Unrest)
7. Eqqasuuteqarneq - Bekymring (Worry)
8. Heimaey Eqqaallugu - Ode Til Heimaey (Ode To Heimaey)
9. Imigassaq - Ildvand (Firewater)
10. Ukiaq - Efterår (Autumn)
11. Nalunaarasuartaat Toquvoq - Telegrafen Er Død (the Telegraph Is Dead)*
*This could also mean "the Telegrapher Is Dead", but since it is not indicated what it means in Danish as "Telegrafen" means both "the Telegraph" and "the Telegrapher" it is hard to decide on how to translate it into English.